New Years Eve 2017 in Melbourne
If you are traveling to Australia in between December and January and planning to spend the New Year in one of the cities, the City of Melbourne is your best destination choice. Melbourne has something for everybody: Fun and free, VIP all the way, family trip or lone traveler.
Fun and free entertainment for the whole family
There is nothing that can compete the magical feeling of seeing the spectacular fireworks display on the New Year’s Eve, saying goodbye to the last day of the year. Free vantage points are from Yarra and Melbourne Skyline. The family entertainment starts at 6 pm until midnight, where the families can watch entertainers and play carnival games in some of the suburbs. Families with small children can watch the early fireworks at 9.30pm.
New Year’s Eve Dinner with special entertainments and easy access for the fireworks display
- Eureka Skydeck is the highest public observation deck in the Southern Hemisphere, which sits 88 stories up, offering special New Year’s Eve dinner packages with entertainment. The height makes it an incredible vantage point to see the fireworks display and probably the best destination for having dinner.
- Melba Restaurant at the Langhamis serving the New Year meal packages include wine, beer, and sparkling with a live band playing in the background, in an exclusive setting in front of the river. The feasts are cooked in glass kitchens, where the guests can communicate with the chefs.
- Alto at the Langham is set 25 stories above Melbourne, offering epic views of the New Year’s Eve fireworks. After enjoying the dinner, you can dance from 80s classic hits to today, until midnight.
- Taxi Kitchen is located at Federation Square with easy access to the fireworks viewing. Taxi Kitchen is hosting a masquerade-themed dinner featuring five-course menus with entertainment.
- The Meat and Wine Co. has a special arrangement for the last dinner of the year so that you can see both the 9.30pm and the midnight fireworks while having 4-course menus and beverages.
New Year’s Cruise Dinner
- Viator’s New Year’s Eve Cruise takes you cruising along the Yarra River and views the fireworks from the water. The dinner buffet served during the 4.5 hour sailing with music all night for a celebration with style.
- Melbourne River Cruises has a few on-the-water options for welcoming the year of 2017. The choices are New Year’s Eve Party Cruise, New Year’s Eve Sit Down Buffet Cruise, New Year’s Eve Dinner Cruise, and New Year’s Eve Fireworks Cruise.
- Victoria Star is the best options for you who loves to dance, with two dance floors and prime views of the fireworks; get your party shoes on! In this 5 hour cruise, you can enjoy finger foods, and beverages are available for sale.
Best destination hotels for enjoying the New Year’s Eve
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne is in the heart of the city’s dockland, right in the Melbourne business district. It is surrounded by the restaurants on the Yarra’s north bank and within walking distance to the Crown Casino and Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Center. The view is overlooking the iconic Honeysuckle Harbourfront, where the New Year’s Eve firework displays are in clear view.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne is the best to stay to enjoy the fireworks but do not keen of the crowd. Ask specifically for the higher room and window facing the river to ensure the fireworks best viewing.
- The Langham Hotel is a hotel with the prime location the fireworks performance, and amazing view seeing the city. This is the hotel for a memorable trip to Melbourne.
Secure your place now for the New Year, for best destination and a great experience in the city of Melbourne.